Latvia Work Permit Visa
Latvia Work Permit Visa
With one of the fastest-growing economies in Europe, Latvia is a destination of choice for many expatriates and international companies. If your company is planning a Latvian expansion, a team of talented workers can go a long way toward ensuring a smooth transition. Foreign workers will need a Latvia work permit visa. That said, recruiting employees is just one step of the process. You’ll also need to ensure that all of your employees have the visas and permits they need to live and work in Latvia legally.
Latvia Work Permit Processing Time
While a long-stay visa is required for foreign employees, this visa alone does not allow the holder to stay for 90 days. A residence permit is also necessary and should be obtained before application for a visa.
Residence permits are issued by the OCMA, which is a division of the Ministry of Interior. To apply, employees should complete the application form, print it, and sign it. They should submit the completed form along with the required supporting documents, all of which should be notarized and legalized, to the Latvian embassy or diplomatic mission in their country. An appointment is necessary, as applicants will also need to be interviewed. Applicants should receive a decision within 30 days.
Latvia Work Visa Requirements
To live and work in Latvia, foreign nationals will need to obtain three documents: a residence permit, a Type D visa, and a work permit.
The required documents to support a residence permit application vary by the applicant’s country of residence. Details are available online from the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs (OCMA).
The documents to support a Type D visa application include:
- A passport that has at least two blank pages and three months of validity
- A completed visa application form
- One passport photo, which should be in color
- Documentation of residence permit approval from OCMA
- Proof of travel medical insurance
- A copy of the applicant’s flight information for the trip to Latvia
- Proof of payment for the visa fee
The requirements for a Latvian work permit include:
- A passport
- Proof of accommodations in Latvia
- Documents supporting the employee’s job qualifications, such as a diploma and CV
- A copy of the applicant’s residence permit, if available
- A letter from the employer
- Employees should reach out to the Latvian embassy for a full list of required documents to support each application