Home / Immigration / Australia /Partner Visa

Partner Visa

If you are married to, in a committed relationship with or the fiancée of an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you may be able to obtain an Australian Partner Visa.

All applicants for a Partner Visa must have an Australian sponsor. Your sponsor must provide a written statement pledging to support you for your first 2 years in Australia, including accommodation and financial assistance to meet reasonable living needs.

Your relationship with your partner will be assessed as part of the application process. Additionally, applications are assessed against Australian health and character requirements.

  • F.1 Partner visa (subclass 801/820)
  • F.2 Partner visa (subclass 309/100)
  • F.3 Partner visa- The Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300)

F.1 Partner visa (subclass 801/820)

There are two types of Partner Visas: Subclass 820 and Subclass 801. The Subclass 820 visa is a temporary partner visa that allows you to live in Australia. The Subclass 820 visa is the first stage towards a permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801). You apply for both visas at the same time and pay only one application charge. Applications are processed in two stages, about two years apart.

To be eligible, you must be married to or in a de facto relationship with:

  • An Australian citizen
  • An Australian permanent resident
  • An eligible New Zealand citizen

F1.Benefits of a Partner Visa (Subclasses 820 and 801)

  • The Temporary Partner visa allows you limited benefits, including:
  • Live and work in Australia until a decision is made about your permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801)
  • Study in Australia (without access to government funding)
  • Enroll in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses • Include dependent children on your application (dependent applicants must be in Australia when they apply)

The Permanent Partner Visa (Subclass 801) includes all the benefits of Australian permanent residency:

  • Work and live in Australia indefinitely
  • Opportunity to study in Australia
  • Enroll in Medicare, Australia’s state-run healthcare program
  • Opportunity to apply for Australian citizenship • Sponsor relatives for permanent residence
  • Travel in and out of Australia as you please

F.2 Partner visa (subclass 309/100)

This partner visa has been designed for the spouse or de facto partner of a permanent resident, citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen to visit and stay with their partner in Australia.

Eligibility Requirements

You are allowed to get this visa if you are either married to or in a de facto relationship with a person who is:

  • Australian Permanent Resident
  • Australian Citizen
  • Eligible Citizen of New Zealand

You required to be outside Australia while applying for this visa.

The difference between Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) and Permanent Partner visa (subclass 100)

The Partner (Provisional) Visa (subclass 309) is a temporary visa to live in Australia for a limited period of time, however, Permanent Partner visa (subclass 100) is a visa that allows you to live permanently in Australia with your partner. The Partner (Provisional) Visa (subclass 309) is a first step for getting the Permanent Partner visa (subclass 100). You need to submit only one application for both these visa types and also need to pay the charge for single application only. However, this application will be processed in two stages, i.e. in two years separately.

Please remember:

  • You must be outside Australia while applying and on the grant of Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309)
  • You can be either in or outside Australia while applying for a Permanent Partner visa (subclass 100).

F.3 Partner visa- The Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300)

The Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) is for people who want to come to Australia to marry their prospective spouse.

It is a temporary visa for nine months. You must be outside Australia when you lodge your application and when the visa is granted. You can have the wedding in any country: the wedding does not need to be in Australia.

This visa allows you to:

  • enter Australia before you marry your prospective spouse
  • travel in and out of Australia as often as you want
  • work in Australia, although some employers might not hire people with temporary visas
  • study in Australia, but with no access to government funding for tertiary study
  • Apply for a Travel/Visa-1/300- Partner visa, in Australia, after your marriage.

Quest Immigrations will assist you helping to get successful Partner Australia migration .To know more on your eligibility the rules & regulations , fill the consulting form one of our executive will be in touch shortly and advise you on the best possible options.

Contact Form
window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag() { dataLayer.push(arguments); } gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-110402192-1');