Home / Immigration / Australia /Work Visa Migration

Work Visa Migration

Australia's temporary residence policy facilitates the entry, on a temporary basis, of people who can contribute to the economic, cultural and social development of the Australian community. Temporary residence visas allow people to live and work in Australia for a limited time. Most subclasses require sponsorship by an Australian organization which must be approved by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) in Australia before the application is lodged.

Types of Work Visas are:-

  • Temporary Work visa (Skilled subclass 457
  • Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)


Temporary Work visa (Skilled subclass 457),

The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) allows skilled workers to come to Australia and work for an approved business for up to four years.

You must be sponsored by an approved business. A business can sponsor someone for this visa if they cannot find an Australian citizen or permanent resident to do the skilled work.

You can be in or outside Australiawhen you lodge your application.


Holders of this visa may be employed for a period of up to four years and may bring any eligible family members, including same-sex partners, who have unrestricted work and study rights in Australia. Holders of the subclass 457 visa have no limit on the number of times they travel in and out of Australia.

Employers must be approved by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection as an approved sponsor. Primary subclass 457 visa holders are restricted to working for their sponsor and may not work (or volunteer) for any other organization (other than associated entities as defined by the Corporations Act). In order to change employer and sponsor, the "new employer" must be or become an approved 457 sponsor and then lodge a 457 nomination. Once the nomination is approved, the employer obligations will shift to the new employer and the visa applicant is restricted to working for it. There is no need to apply for a new 457 visa within the validity of the visa.

Employees must also meet minimum levels of skill and English language requirements, in addition to character and health requirements. Some trades occupations and passport holders from certain countries may be required to do a skills assessment (see the TRA website).

It is common for 457 visa holders to apply for a permanent Australia resident’s visa with a view to permanently settle in Australia and become Australian citizens.


Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) and many more.

The Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) is for skilled workers who want to work in Australia. This visa involves a two-step process, firstly, nomination by an approved Australian employer and then an application under the nominated stream. It is part of the Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa Programme.

This visa is a permanent residence visa. You can be in or outside Australia when you apply. If you are in Australia, you must hold a substantive visa or a bridging visa A, B or C.

The visa has three streams:

1. The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for two years, while holding a subclass 457 visa, in the same occupation with their nominating employer (who is not subject to a labor agreement and who has lodged a valid nomination with us under the Temporary Residence Transition stream), who wants to offer them a permanent position in that occupation.

2. The Direct Entry stream is for: People who have been nominated by their employer under the Direct Entry stream

  • people who have never, or only briefly, worked in Australia, or
  • Temporary residents who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream.

3. The Agreement stream: is for people sponsored by an employer through a negotiated formal labor agreement.

Quest Immigrations will assist you helping to get successful Australia migration .To know more on your eligibility for various State Nominations and the rules & regulations , fill the consulting form one of our executive will be in touch shortly and advise you on the best possible options.

Contact Form