Admission College Interview
How to face a College Admission Interview?
We help you with College Admissions Interview Questions if you are preparing and applying for college interview. Following an admission schedule different from the Indian education calendar, writing essays, SOPs, applying for VISA, scholarships, the entire rigmarole can be quite a Herculean task!
An admission interview is the chance to prove you have more in you than just your SAT/ GRE/ TOEFL scores and school grades. The interview is where you personally interact with the admissions committee. It is usually an exchange of information that they get to know you better; you get to know the college better.
So, if you’re applying especially to a graduate school abroad, you should expect an interview. Hence, it is better to be prepared for the possibility.
So if you’re applying to especially to graduate school abroad, you should expect an interview. Interviews are not a mandatory part of every college interview process abroad, but most of the colleges in the US, UK, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, Australia etc. include it in their admission process. So it is better to be prepared for the possibility!
Things you need to keep in mind while you gear up for an interview:
Do Your Homework
Prepare yourself for what you will say? How you’ll present yourself? Prepare yourself for every kind of question that can come your way. Don’t fumble during the interview.
- Learn about the college you’re applying to,
- The course you’ve applied for,
- The faculty that would teach you and also
- The country that the college is located in.
Calm your Nerves
Ask Questions, it’s good!
It’s good to ask intelligent questions to your interviewers! It shows your interest in the college and that you respect what the interviewers have to tell you.
A word of caution: Do not pose over-smart or arrogant, when you put across your questions.A word of caution: Do not pose over-smart or arrogant, when you put across your questions.
Dress up professionally
Make it a conversation
You smartly manoeuvre the interview to your advantage. Your interview should be like a whiff of fresh air, different yet impressive.
Another word of caution: This does not mean that you will sit back, cross your legs and strike up a casual conversation! Maintain the formal atmosphere.
Talk to Students already studying there
Do not give run-of-the-mill answers
Basic interview questions you SHOULD be equipped to handle:
- Why do want to study in this college?
- Why this particular course?
- Tell us something about yourself (This question will never go out of style!)
- What other colleges have you applied to?
- How can you add value to this course and class?
- Your strengths/weaknesses?
- Where do you see yourself 5/10/15 years from now?
- Your interests/hobbies/ achievements?
- Do you have any questions for us?
- We will guide you in all aspects of the Interview process
- We will make you well prepared with the help of mock calls.