UK Invest Visa
UK Tier 1 Visa
The UK Tier 1 Visa is designed for high net worth individuals who want to relocate themselves and their family to the UK. Only a few hundred of these visas are granted per year.
Residence and Citizenship for Non-EU Citizens
The UK investor visa category is designed to allow wealthy UK Citizenship by Investment who make a substantial financial investment in the UK to obtain permission from the UK to enter as an investor under the Tier 1 category. The applicant must invest a minimum of GBP 2 million in the UK.
The Tier 1 Investor category has the shortest Investor Immigration application processing time amongst the G8 countries and has very objective entry criteria with a predictable outcome.
The criteria specifies that the applicant must show that they have money of their own under their control in a regulated financial institution amounting to no less than GBP 2 million.
The individual must invest for five years in the UK by way of UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK-registered companies (other than those principally engaged in property investment). Investment in offshore companies is not permitted.
The applicant is not required to show business experience or the ability to speak English. Some nationals (China, Russia, and Nigeria among them) are required to undertake a TB test before submitting their application. Investors are permitted to be gainfully employed under this visa or undertake a course of study in the UK.
The UK expects the investor and their family to intend to make the UK their main home. In order to be granted ILR (permanent residency) the main applicant and their spouse should not spend more than 180 days per year outside the UK. All children who originally applied as their dependents will only be granted ILR if both parents are eligible for ILR.
The applicant will initially obtain the Tier 1 visa for 40 months. Within three months of entry into the UK, they are required to make the investment of GBP 2 million which must be maintained throughout the period of leave.
At the expiry of the initial 40 month period, the investor must apply for an ‘extension of stay’. The UK government will grant a two year extension of stay to the whole family if the investor has satisfied the requirements for leave to enter, i.e. maintained the investment and adhered to the other general conditions for leave to enter.
Application for dependents
The main applicant’s spouse and children under the age of 18 years can apply as dependents. The UK investor visa does not provide for dependent parents, who may be required to apply for leave to enter the UK under a different visa category, although currently this is very difficult. Alternatively, the parents and other extended family could consider obtaining an alternative citizenship and passport such as Antigua & Barbuda, so that they may travel freely into the UK for up to a six month period at any one time.
Criteria to Apply
- You can apply for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa if you have access to £200,000 in investment funds and you can prove that the money is either:
- your own
- made available to you by other people (‘third parties’), such as a spouse, partner or investor
- in a joint account with your spouse or partner but only if they aren’t applying for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa
- The funds must be held in the UK if you’re applying for leave to remain.
- Guiding in all aspects of the Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa Requirements application process selection of the Right from advice of business selection selection to get Visa.
- Complete documentation assistance for the visa purpose.
- Filling up the Application forms.
- Making necessary covering letter to support the genuinely intention of Business.
- Taking Appointments to submit the Application @VFS or the respective embassy if required.
- Mock calls for interview process if necessary.