Global Quest Solutions

UK Immigration

UK Tier 5 Visa


The UK Tier 5 visa allows entry to work in the UK in a number of different circumstances, such as for charity workers, entertainers, diplomatic staff, and sportspeople. Most Tier 5 workers need a job offer from a licensed Tier 5 sponsor in the UK, but people from one of the small number of Countries whose nationals can come under the Youth Mobility Scheme can gain entry without a job offer.

Tier 5 visa categories:

  • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Charity Worker) visa For workers who have an unpaid/voluntary job offer and a certificate of sponsorship from a UK charity with a valid Tier 5 sponsorship license. The job taken must be directly related to the sponsor charity’s work.
  • visa For very highly skilled workers who have a job offer as a sportsperson or creative worker – such as a musician or actor – in the UK, and a certificate of sponsorship from a UK employer with a valid Tier 5 sponsorship license. Sportspeople on this visa must be internationally established at the highest level in their sport, and/or their job must make a significant contribution to the development and running of sport at the highest level.
  • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Government Authorised Exchange) visa For workers coming to the UK through an approved government authorised exchange scheme. This visa allows the worker to do work experience, training, academic research or a fellowship, and to take part in an Overseas Government Language Programme.
  • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – International Agreement) visa For workers who have a job offer that is covered by international law, such as embassy and diplomatic household workers, and a certificate of sponsorship from an organisation with a valid Tier 5 sponsorship license. This includes workers under the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS) and similar agreements.
  • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Religious Worker) visa For workers offered a job, such as preaching or work in a monastery or convent, by a religious order in the UK.
  • Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa for workers aged 18 – 30 from a limited number of countries who wish to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years. This scheme replaced the Working Holiday visa, though it’s important to note that far fewer people gain entry under the new scheme.


Tier 5 applicants must provide several documents with their application, these include:

  • Current passport and/or other travel documents
  • A separate passport photograph
  • Proof that they can meet the maintenance funds requirements for their visa, such as bank statements
  • A clear tuberculosis (TB) test result letter, if the applicant is from one of the countries on the Home Office’s TB testing list, found here (link).

Family members (dependents)

In some cases, you can bring your partner or children with you during your stay, but you must show that you have sufficient funds to provide for them. They will be able to apply under a family visa, please see our UK Family Visas page (link) for more details.

English language requirement

Tier 5 visa applicants may be required to complete an English test if they are not nationals of an English-speaking country or have not completed any academic courses in English.

Global Quest Solutions is one of the best UK Tier 5 Visas Consultants in Mumbai allows entry to work in the UK in a number of different circumstances, such as for charity workers and many more. To know more on your eligibility the rules & regulations , fill the consulting form one of our executive will be in touch shortly and advise you on the best possible options.