H1 H4 Migration
H-1 / H4 Visas (Work Permit)
The H1B visa is commonly known as work visa to USA. H1 visa is an employment based visa that can be granted for an eligible and qualified temporary worker. For such a visa, an employer must offer a job and apply for your H1B visa petition with the US Immigration Department. This approved petition (approved form I797) is a work permit which allows you to obtain a visa stamp and work in the U.S. for that employer.
An H4 visa is issued to dependent family members (spouse and children) of H1 visa holders who would like to accompany the H1B visa holder in the U.S. during their period of stay. This article outlines the complete process for H4 dependent visas for H1B visa holders. In such a case, the principal applicant is always the H1B visa holder. Immediate family members like spouse and children under 21 years old may qualify for an H4 visa and may apply at a US Consulate in their home country.
H1B visa is issued for a specialty occupation, requires theoretical and practical application of a body of specialized knowledge and requires the visa holder to have at least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
H1B visa stamping
Once you have an approved H1B petition, you can setup a H1 visa interview with nearest applicable US consulate or embassy.
- Valid original passport. You are recommended to have passport valid for at least six months beyond your interview date.
- All old passports held
- One photograph as per specification.
- US Visa Application Form DS-160 confirmation page stamped at the Visa Application Center (VAC)
- US Visa Application Fee payment receipt.
- Visa Interview appointment letter.
- Original Notice of Action-I797.
- Blanket L1 applicants must carry the original I-129 and a copy of the Notice of Action I-797.
Spouse / Dependent Children
- Copy of interview appointment letter, DS-160 Confirmation Barcode printout and US visa application fee receipt.
- US visa application fee receipt.
- The original Notice of Action Form I-797 of the Principal Applicant.
- Form I-129 (if Form I-797 is a blanket permit, copy of Form I-797 and I-129) of the Principal Applicant
- Photocopy of the Principal Applicant’s valid visa (if applying separately).
- Original Marriage Certificate (for spouse) along with your entire wedding photo album.
- Guiding in all aspects of the Family Visa application process till the time entire family gets the visa.
- Complete documentation assistance for the visa purpose.
- Filling up the Application forms.
- Making necessary covering letter to support the genuinely intention of travel.
- Taking Appointments to submit the Application @VFS or the respective embassy if required.
- Mock calls for interview process if necessary.